Re: master bdda935 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.savannah.gnu.org:/s

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: master bdda935 2/2: Merge branch 'master' of git.savannah.gnu.org:/srv/git/emacs
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2020 20:03:58 +0200

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Please don't.  It can cause subtle problems in some rare cases.  Or at
> least that's how it was in the past.

If so, it's changed.  There's nothing magical much about rebasing: It's
just removing any local check-ins that are newer than the remote,
fetching the remote, and then re-applying those removed check-ins as new
check-ins.

Like I said, I use rebasing all the time, and how many commits have I
made?

larsi@xo:~/src/emacs/trunk$ git log | grep Commit:.*Ingebrigtsen* | wc -l
3217

Well, OK, some of them are from before we moved to git, but...

Seems pretty safe to me.