Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 16:54:53 +0300

On 29.05.2020 06:00, Richard Stallman wrote:

   > Could you explain why we absolutely need both of them there? Especially
   > the second one (since COPYING includes the mention of No Warranty).

_We_ need to make sure users see this.  Having it available in case they
decide to look is not enough.  That is why it is there now.

Could you explain why?

I understand we'd want to show the COPYING link to promote our license, but the warranty thing?

That sounds like a recommendation from legal, but a lot of other free software don't feature it so prominently.