Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: GNU ELPA package discoverability
Date: Thu, 28 May 2020 03:42:28 +0300

On 25.05.2020 10:51, Bastien wrote:
- List packages
- Customize package archives (<= the option you want to promote)
- Customize the package interface

I wonder if we do want to promote that second option (the mention of MELPA was recently deleted from the manual).

And the last one... when did you last customize that group, aside from the list of archives?

I do agree that the first one could be made move prominent. Perhaps the first step would be rearranging the items in the Options menu?

Right now its bottom looks like:

  Save Options
  Customize Emacs
  Manage Emacs Packages

I suggest to make it:

  Customize Emacs
  Save Options (it makes sense for this one to go after, doesn't it?)
  ------- (a separator, probably)
  Manage Emacs Packages