Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Ema

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Why are so many great packages not trying to get included in GNU Emacs?
Date: Thu, 14 May 2020 01:09:05 -0400

  > Maybe we can publicize a part of the list which would not violate
  > privacy?  When I signed my copyright papers, I answered yes to a
  > question that said "Would it be acceptable for us to publicize
  > your contribution by microblogging that you are contributing, and
  > listing your name in our monthly newsletter?".  I think it is safe
  > to assume that those who answered yes to this question do not
  > object to appearing on a public list; correct?

I think so.  However, we probably didn't ask that question N years ago.

Hmm.  If the name of the contributor will appear publicly in the repo,
I guess privacy about the name is not necessary.  Maybe it is only the
_other_ data in that file which we need to keep private.  If so, this
could be easy to solve.

Eli, would you like to talk about this with people at the FSF?

--
Dr Richard Stallman