Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Drop the Copyright Assignment requirement for Emacs
Date: Sun, 10 May 2020 20:42:06 +0300

On 10.05.2020 19:39, Stefan Monnier wrote:
A bit less sure about Eglot TBH (or any LSP client), because Emacs has
a long history of alternative solutions in this field, and it would be
best not to step on their toes either.
I strongly disagree here: the existence of various implementations of
a feature shouldn't mean that we can't have such a feature in vanilla
Emacs (which would also mean we can't have such a feature enabled by
default).

I agree in principle, but enabling it by default is not enough for the feature to work (a language server needs to be installed, a build configuration file created...).

And really, do you expect to be able to enable Eglot by default anytime soon?