Re: PL support

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: PL support
Date: Sat, 9 May 2020 21:28:20 +0300

On 09.05.2020 19:02, João Távora wrote:
Are you sure about this and LSP?  I mean tree-sitter is fantastic, but
I'm pretty sure LSP has some of this at least outlined:

https://github.com/microsoft/language-server-protocol/issues/18

Perhaps we should suspend this discussion until it's in the spec, and there are at least some LSP servers that implement it.

Having "full" LSP in Emacs would certain give us better
arguments to lobby for a less VSCode-centric specification.

With the minority marketshare, and Microsoft being Microsoft, I really doubt that. They don't even have a conforming LSP server for TypeScript, for crying out loud.