Issue with master build on macOS

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Issue with master build on macOS
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 23:12:08 +0200 (CEST)

The build of current master (a941a9e8c22) has a strange behavior.

In the init.el file I have:

(setq default-frame-alist
      '(
        (width . 115) ; character
        (height . 37) ; lines
        (left . 325); pixel
        (top  .   0); pixel
        (font . "Monaco-13") ; font
        ))

so that the top-right corner of Emacs frame overlaps the T-R corner of the
screen (it is a 2011 MBP) and its width and height are exactly (leaving aside
scroll bar, tool bar etc.) what is written in the init file.

Now with current build, when I start Emacs its frame, first has the "natural"
(more or less squared) size before the init file is read, then it is reduce
more or less at its half: here its remains for a few second (it seems to hang);
than it takes the final size which is not what the init file says: about half
in width and 70% in height and positioned more or less at the screen center so
that the T-R corners do not overlaps at all.

If close Emacs and the restart it, now it behaves as the init file says. Good.
If I repeat the close-restart operation it fall back to the bad frame; if I
repeat, it results in a good frame and so on. One time it start bad and another
time it start good. I tried this at least 5-6 times.