Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: Imports / inclusion of s.el into Emacs
Date: Sat, 2 May 2020 23:11:21 +0200

Drew Adams <address@hidden> writes:

> According to what you've said before, instead of
> those functions being named `text', `lazyText',
> `bytes', `lazyBytes', `charToByte', and
> `byteToChar' they should be named `string-text',
> `string-lazyText', `string-bytes',
> `string-lazyBytes', `string-charToByte',
> and `string-byteToChar'.

Please have another look beyond the first few examples on that page
where the "str" and "s" prefix feature prominently.

Also note the different kinds of uses for the function you mention
(e.g. "bytes :: String -> ByteString") and the examples further down
(e.g. "strTrim :: a -> a").  This shows that the library designers
have been judicious in their use of prefixes.  We would probably be
wise to exercise similar care.

Best regards,
Stefan Kangas