Re: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa

From: Spenser
Subject: Re: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 10:32:03 -0700

I’m glad to see no philosophical complaints about this package being added. I
will do my best to send updates on development, and I want to make it as
elpa-friendly as possible.

> Em 15 de mar de 2020, à(s) 14:01, Drew Adams <address@hidden> escreveu:
>

>> I think it should be an opt-in feature, not a replacement for the
>> current syntax highlighting in lisp-mode because many users prefer the
>> old syntax highlighting. Also, it is not very sophisticated (it is just
>> regular expressions) and sometimes doesn't highlight right based on the
>> context.
>
> Even without looking at the proposed feature/change,
> those statements sound right, to me.
>
>> The other issue with it is that it can't really be unloaded.
>>
>> So if these issues are too great for it to be added then we will have to
>> fix them first.
>
> I'd also suggest changing the file name from
> `cl-font-lock.el' to `font-lock-cl.el'.  This
> isn't really part of Common Lisp or its
> emulation, and if we get other such code for
> other languages then that would naturally use
> the same convention: `font-lock-<LANG>.el'.

We were also asked by Melpa to name change. We are currently doing this.
Currently the Github organization and the package have been renamed. Thanks!