RE: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: Request: add cl-font-lock to Emacs or Elpa
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2020 11:25:07 -0700 (PDT)

> >> I'd also suggest changing the file name from
> >> `cl-font-lock.el' to `font-lock-cl.el'.
>
> This is a file that affects `lisp-mode` and not `font-lock` (it's partly
> a philosophical choice, but support for "font-lock in mode foo-mode"
> traditionally resides in the definition of foo-mode rather than in the
> definition of font-lock).

Ah, yes.  I agree with that.

> So "cl-<bla>" is preferable to "font-lock-<bla>".

Neither looks right to me, now, given your point.

Why isn't this just in lisp-mode.el?  I see your
reply to Eli about that.  In that case, how about
something like lisp-mode-fl.el or lisp-fl.el?

Or if, as you suggested in your reply to Eli, we
moved some of lisp-mode.el to a separate file,
and if it made sense for that moved stuff to be
in the same file as the font-lock stuff, maybe
lisp-extra.el, lisp-misc.el, or something else?