Re: Question about display engine

From: Ergus
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 20:33:06 +0200

Hi:

I have just uploaded some changes but the functionality is still not
working.

I separated the changes in 3 commits and in the last one are only the
ones I made in the xdisp.c (the ones that need to be checked, because
the rest is only infrastructure.)

see the master branch in: https://github.com/Ergus/Emacs

But at this point I will need some extra comments about what I am doing
wrong there. Ir if I am doing anything right.

The extend now is working like always (testing for the region).

In principle the region is the only face I have added :extend t

But when I set it to nil it should be not extended and it is; so some
extra condition is still missing..

The filter if condition (to merge or not) is a new macro
FACE_EXTENSIBLE_P (face). So please any hint is very welcome now.