Re: Question about display engine

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: Question about display engine
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 08:52:56 +0200

>> Just to make sure that we see the same things: Is my interpretation
>> correct that in your screenshot you use blue for the region and black
>> as default background and the regions starts at line 9 of your window?
>>
> Yes that's it.

When I set the :extend attribute of the default face, everything seems
to work as expected.  The problem is that if, in the earlier mentioned,

      /* Update the faces id and extend.  */
      it->face_id = new_face_id;

      if (FACE_EXTENSIBLE_P (new_face))
        it->extend_face_id = new_face_id;

no extensible new face is found, the assignment fails and the old
region background stays in place for the rest of the window.  So it
seems that you have to make sure that _some_ default background is
always assigned here in case no face applied has the :extend attribute
set.

martin