Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests whi

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests which are incompatible with it.
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2019 15:59:22 -0500

Most of your message addresses the problem in Emacs.  That needs to be
understood and handled, but not by me.  I'm focusing on the
conversation problem that I saw.

  > Richard, I fully understand that.  But I must remind you, at this point,
  > that it was Alan who used the words

I noticed your message, and commented that it seemed harsh.  Perhaps
if I had noticed other people's messages I would have said the same thing
about those messages.

We should all make an effort to restrain ourselves from becoming
harsh.  That's each and every one of us, including me.  I'm paying
attention to this right now.

To ask "who started it" is to oversimplify.  Often what happens
is that a little harshness creeps into a discussion, then people
react to that in a way that is a little more harsh.  So nobody
"started it" but multiple people exacerbated it.

Thus, part of the effort is, when we feel harshness coming at us,
to damp it down rather than hitting back.

We will all have opportunities to do that.  We can all use practice.

Have you read https://gnu.org/philosophy/kind-communication.html?

--
Dr Richard Stallman