Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests whi

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Apropos 54f297904e0c: Temporarily comment out CC Mode from tests which are incompatible with it.
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2019 03:25:40 +0000

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> After all, the purpose is to test the electric-... functions, not
>> CC mode.
>
> The purpose is to test that those features also work in the same way in
> CC-mode.  And that's important.  I haven't found an electric pairing
> mode that pairs exactly when I want it, so the second best choice is for
> me to learn when it will and when it won't: the exact choice doesn't
> matter, but it's important that the details of its working that I learn
> in mode X also apply in mode Y, otherwise it's irritating.

Of course.  But the first best choice is for you to code up the the
criteria that "pairs exactly when [you] want it" and then put function
in electric-pair-inhibit-predicate, and add it to Emacs, perhaps even
make it the default (if everyone else agrees).  And then it will behave
like that in every mode.

João