Re: Will Emacs be ever available for iOS?

From: Cecilio Pardo
Subject: Re: Will Emacs be ever available for iOS?
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 23:44:43 +0100

> Are we certain that popcorn is violating Apple's rules,
> and Apple is declining to take the action to shut it down?

I'm certain that they are in violation of the rules. They are using
unsuitable certificates, even expired and/or revoked ones. There is no
question about that. The installers ask you to trust an Enterprise
developer, and Enterprise development is restricted to internal use.

Apple revokes the certificates, forcing them to circumvent the
protection, I don't know how. Why don't they do more? Probably because
there are many services that do the same thing, and they just don't care
enough to put the resources to shut them down, but I don't know.

--
Cecilio Pardo