Re: Merge-base alias for git vc-diff

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Merge-base alias for git vc-diff
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 02:07:46 +0300

On 03.01.2019 1:48, João Távora wrote:

That depends on how one uses Emacs.  I personally prefer hints,
completion and C-u modifiers to new commands.

If we can reuse one of modifiers like that, yeah. But there's a limited amount of prefix modifiers we can use and, again, it's not very discoverable.

That's not to say that you couldn't integrate the new commands to be delegated to with certain prefix values, like vc-root-diff does.

To be clear, I'm not wild about adding new commands, but if we add functionality, it must go somewhere.

Don't know. Is there a hard rule against printing more lines?  Or
a real disadvantage?

Windows are jumping, it can be annoying. And in the end it might redistribute heights between windows in a top-bottom split.