Re: Merge-base alias for git vc-diff

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Merge-base alias for git vc-diff
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2019 01:25:53 +0300

On 02.01.2019 18:34, João Távora wrote:

Me too.  I don't mind adding those commands, but I think
the "..." syntax should be supported, too.

I think it's not terrible. And if we were choosing between new commands and new revision syntax, the former is probably easier to discover.

If we used the same revision syntax in more contexts (commands), that might be more important.

One way to enhance dicoverability is to add a short help in
the first few lines of the minibuffer.

Isn't minibuffer normally just one line tall?