Re: EWW improvements: open in new buffer, tags, quickmarks, search engin

From: Charles A. Roelli
Subject: Re: EWW improvements: open in new buffer, tags, quickmarks, search engines, ...
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2018 13:18:28 +0200

> From: Pierre Neidhardt <address@hidden>
> Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2018 15:56:40 +0530
>
> I've recently hacked around EWW and since it's coming into good shape
> I'm thinking of committing this upstream.
>
> Before sending a patch, here is the current state of my hacks:
>

> https://github.com/Ambrevar/dotfiles/blob/master/.emacs.d/lisp/init-eww.el

> - ...

BTW, you may also be interested in Bookmark+'s support for EWW, which
includes:

  - changing EWW to use standard Emacs bookmarks instead of EWW's own
    implementation (so you get the annotation and position-saving
    features for free!),
  - automatic renaming of EWW buffers based on their URL or page title
    (not switched on by default),

  - and more generically (for every bookmark type under the sun),
    - tagging and searching bookmarks via these tags,
    - and dynamically sorting the bookmark list.

The Bookmark+ code specifically for EWW is at:

  https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/bookmark%2b-1.el

I don't know how interested people here would be in integrating
Bookmark+ (or just its EWW support) into Emacs itself, but it may be
worth looking at.