Re: next-error use cases

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: next-error use cases
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 02:06:10 +0300

On 4/9/18 5:48 PM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
From: Dmitry Gutov <address@hidden>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2018 23:36:37 +0300
Cc: address@hidden

Define some kind of priority between them?
I really doubt we can define priorities such that the user will always
want to see the errors of some "kind" before the others.

Then maybe this problem has no workable solution at all, and we
shouldn't try running all those features from the same command.

We already do, though. So far we've come up with a manual switching solution (see next-error-select-buffer in master), and it's fine to a degree.

Having Flymake and Flyspell use the same mechanism shows its inefficiencies, however, so that's what I think this discussion is mostly about.