Re: Windows snapshot builds

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: Windows snapshot builds
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2018 00:14:14 +0200

Richard Copley <address@hidden> writes:

>> Windows
>> >
>> > Maybe we could have an emacs-installer package which includes an msys2
>> > system from which you can install further tools?
>>
>> Now, wouldn’t that be wonderful!
>>
>> Rasmus
>

> You can get that now, by installing MSYS2 then installing
> "mingw-w64-x86_64-emacs" using the package manager.
> How about if we provide official binaries in the form of MSYS2 packages,
> alongside the formats we already provide?

I mostly took Stefan’s suggestion as a joke, as bundling MSYS2 with Emacs
would be a way to get MSYS2 past pesky Windows system administrators.
That was, at least, what I had in mind when I replied.

If one has enough "rights" on a Windows PC to install MSYS2 that’s
probably the most preferable approach if one ordinarily works on GNU/Linux
systems (or so I imagine, I have never actually tried MSYS2).

Rasmus

--
Tack, ni svenska vakttorn. Med plutonium tvingar vi dansken på knä!