Re: re-organising Emacs FTP

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: re-organising Emacs FTP
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 09:53:47 -0400

> Yes, I saw that as a problem. We could perhaps rename "emacs" to
> "xemacs", then it will always appear after "latest". What do you think?

Ah, now you're talking!

> I quite like the idea of "old", but it has two problems. First, it means
> links will change routinely as new releases appear; while this would at
> least be predictable, it might still cause issues. Second, as far as I
> can tell, the FTP Upload directives do not have a "move" option, so
> practically, this is a pain to achieve.

We'd have to perform a one-time move of everything to "old" (asking the
sysadmins to do it by hand for us) and after that, all uploads would
need to go to `old` and the main directory would only contain symlinks.

> Other possibilities would be to use "current" rather than "latest".

Nah.... too easy.  Changing to `xemacs` is a lot more exciting.

        Stefan