Re: re-organising Emacs FTP

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: re-organising Emacs FTP
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 08:21:39 -0400

> Thoughts?

I don't really have an opinion, but for the liveliness of the
discussion, I'll propose some alternatives:

- Move all but the latest to a subdirectory `old`.
- Add a symlink to the latest with a name such that it comes first in
  the list.
  Since the sort is "alphabetical" based on ASCII, there aren't many
  chars that get sorted before "-" so I'm not sure which would be the
  best choice in this regard.

The problem I see with your proposal is that the latest releases as well
as the `latest` link will still appear last,

        Stefan