Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.

From: chad
Subject: Re: Upcoming loss of usability of Emacs source files and Emacs.
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2015 12:54:17 -0700

On 28 Jun 2015, at 12:27, Alan Mackenzie <address@hidden> wrote:

For example, I've seen uses of ⸢foo⸥ for marking up source code
snippets.  That seems pretty unambiguous (although you can never be
sure), ....

Whatever those quoting characters might be, they display on my terminal
as inverted question marks.  I haven't a clue what they might be, and it
would be a lot of work to find out.

Curious: does `C-u C-x =' not work for some reason?

It works fine for me even in a glass TTY, but I wasn't actually able
to find a nearby TTY that didn't display them properly with only
several minutes effort.

~Chad