Re: ASCII-folded search [was: Re: Upcoming loss of usability ...]

From: Artur Malabarba
Subject: Re: ASCII-folded search [was: Re: Upcoming loss of usability ...]
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 10:32:54 +0100

> - If we don't want to flash that message, the message can be displayed and
> be allowed to stay there till user starts/resumes typing in the minibuffer.
>
> Thoughts?

This will be fixed by bug#12988.  I'll send the latest patch there.

I don't know how you're planning on solving doing this,  but I was going to suggest that isearch could just take over the mode-line while in effect, that would it give it a lot of space to verbosely display the searching options (and maybe even list the key binds for each) and each option could be a button that toggles itself.