Re: bzr branch makes bogus "No space left on device" claim and dies

From: B Smith-Mannschott
Subject: Re: bzr branch makes bogus "No space left on device" claim and dies
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 19:36:30 +0100

Thanks to all who helped me out. I've now got a working repository of
emacs with a branch of savannah's emacs trunk and lauchpad's emacs
trunk. I've been pulling my updates through the launchpad branch for
the most part. Performance is acceptable for my purposes.

When building from source on my netbook, I've discovered that I can do
a bzr checkout --lightweight to a ramdisk.The resulting working copy
can then be used to build emacs and thrown away when I'm done. Nice.
And I've already learned the difference between branch and checkout as
well as playing with --lightweight. I can see where the bzr can claim
workflow flexibility. It's just a pity that some combinations of http,
sftp, branch, checkout, leightweight, init, init-repo, etc can produce
performance surprises for the uninitiated.

// Ben