Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 14:31:27 -0400

    Two alternating screens still exist on the About page (accessible from the
    "Help->About Emacs" menu item).

    Perhaps we should put different information on the Startup page and on the
    About page.  The former should be concise and contain the most necessary
    information while the latter should contain more additional information
    displayed on several screens.

Is there a reason for the About Emacs menu item to give usage help?
If so, I think it should be IDENTICAL to the startup buffer.

If not, then we could delete the help from About Emacs and focus on
history, developer and license information.