Re: Scratch buffer annoyance

From: Juri Linkov
Subject: Re: Scratch buffer annoyance
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 02:21:57 +0300

>       In this case,
>     we could remove the link to http://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/tour/ from
>     the startup screen, because the first link on the Emacs home page is the
>     link to Emacs Guided Tour,
>
> If we need to get rid of something, maybe that has to be it.
>
> But perhaps it is better to go back to the two alternating screens.

Two alternating screens still exist on the About page (accessible from the
"Help->About Emacs" menu item).

Perhaps we should put different information on the Startup page and on the
About page.  The former should be concise and contain the most necessary
information while the latter should contain more additional information
displayed on several screens.

--
Juri Linkov
http://www.jurta.org/emacs/