Re: `key-binding' and XEmacs-style events

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `key-binding' and XEmacs-style events
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 21:00:35 -0500

    > A list as a member of a key sequence has no meaning except
    > in terms of XEmacs compatibility, so I think confusion is not
    > possible.

    key-binding can be called with a mouse event inside of a key sequence
    vector.  That was what the problem report was about in the first
    place.

I stand corrected -- but the original problem report was not about a
mouse event, it was about using a character inside a list.

The car of a mouse event list is a symbol.   If the recent fix
does not alter what is done when the car is a symbol, it should not
alter treatment of mouse events.  Isn't that so?