Re: `key-binding' and XEmacs-style events

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: `key-binding' and XEmacs-style events
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 22:28:32 -0500

    AFAIK, [?a] works in XEmacs as well.  It's only when you have modifiers that
    the Emacs syntax is not understood by XEmacs.

I quoted the wrong part of his message.  This is the actual bug:

    I have noticed, when writing some automatic key-generation code, that
    (key-binding [(?a)]) (or any other character) yields a type error because
    ?a is not a symbol.  The problem is that at keymap.c:1615, if the
    function's argument is a vector and its first element is a cons, it is
    assumed that the element is a mouse-like event which is a list started by
    a symbol.

Would someone please fix this, then ack?