Re: suggestions on toolbar icons

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: suggestions on toolbar icons
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:22:34 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jan D." <address@hidden>

> No, previous and next are missing.
..
> > I think this is pretty bad if you need both. On the page above they
> > have
> > actually used filled arrows for structural moves (see the top). Is that
> > consistent with their suggestions?
>
> They really don't say mush on the issue, the guidelines are at
> http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/2.0/.  Some applications,
> like gthumb, uses a filled arrow that points into a "file"-like
> background, see attachement.

Funny enough this was one of the idea I had. It kind of make sense to me -
"moving withing the document tree structure".

Can't we borrow this? Is there something similar for up? (The gnome icon for
up is inconsistent, probably because they have failed to see the difference
between structural and chronological moves which Drew pointed out. There is
no chronological up... - in three dimensional space.)

----

----