Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:07:32 +0200

On 27 Aug 2002 13:55:42 +0200, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> Nothing as such, but it makes a nice interface to have this on two
> function keys next to each other.

Yes.

> Nothing's stolen from the user.  He is offered a service which he can
> refuse to use.  I don't see the harm.

There's no harm. But I think many people refuse to change default
bindings. They don't want to be "un-standard".

I even have a boss who frowns upon me because I have a heavily
configured Emacs and his thinking is that you should use only the
standard keybindings so you aren't lost if you ever have to use anyone
else's Emacs (of course I have pretty strong arguments against this :)

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u