Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: [CVS] f7, f8 bound..
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 10:55:39 +0200

On 27 Aug 2002 10:55:15 +0200, address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) wrote:

> But its so much simpler to use...

Yeah, but...

> In any case, I haven't removed the old bindings, just *supplemented*
> them with a much more efficient interfaces based on using two function
> keys.

...why not bind `kmacro-start-macro-or-insert-counter',
`kmacro-end-or-call-macro', etc. to "C-x something" and let the user
bind them to F7/F8, F3/F4 or whatever?

You can even recommend the F7/F8 interface in kmacro comments, or supply
a kmacro-set-bindings function where user-chosen keys can be passed (à
la windmove-default-keybindings), etc...

                                                           /L/e/k/t/u