Re: last character on line different when behind invis text?

From: Damien Elmes
Subject: Re: last character on line different when behind invis text?
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 15:40:41 +1000

Sacha Chua <address@hidden> writes:

> (insert-string
>    (concat
>       "Line 1 with " (propertize "invisible text." 'invisible \t 'intangible
> t)
>     "\nLine 2 with " (propertize "invisible text." 'invisible t 'intangible t)
>     "\nLine 3 with visible text.\n"))

After that text is inserted into the buffer in CVS, you can also see that (c-x
=) doesn't identify the last char on a line as a C-j as in previous emacsen.

My guess is that end-of-visible-line is trying to skip over invisible
newlines? And because the newlines aren't appearing at the end of the line
anymore (even though they're not invisible), the semantics of its operation
have changed.

Regards,

--
Damien Elmes