Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes

From: Alan Shutko
Subject: Re: Suggestions for mode-line-format changes
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 12:38:53 -0400

address@hidden (Kim F. Storm) writes:

> I guess it could always be done using a "tool-tip" like approach, ie.
> by displaying the information in a separate "global-mode-frame".

So, where does it go when the user is on a text terminal?  Does it
just disappear?

I don't really like this approach for the default.  As options, yes.
(And add in the option to put it in the terminal status line or the
titlebar.)  But I'm not convinced that requiring the user to decide
where a little floating frame will do the least damage (ie, cover up
things that are less likely to be important) is a good thing.

--
Alan Shutko <address@hidden> - In a variety of flavors!
Beware of people that put numbers after their names.