Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew LyX input method for a US English Dvorak keyboar

From: Kenichi Handa
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Hebrew LyX input method for a US English Dvorak keyboard layout
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 11:40:20 +0900

In article <address@hidden>, Amit Ramon <address@hidden> writes:

> Bottom line - you don't need to write a new input method in order to
> support a non-standard keyboard layout - all you have to do is tell
> Emacs about it.

Right, But, for that, Emacs have to know suffiecient number
of layouts.  Currently, it knows only about:
   standard (similar to VT100), sun-type3, atari-german,
   pc102-de, jp106, pkc105-uk

I'm going to add dvorak soon, but, if there's a way to
generate such database (semi-)automatically (perhaps from
XKB database), that's very helpful.

---
Kenichi Handa
address@hidden