Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Automatically set bidi-display-reordering?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Automatically set bidi-display-reordering?
Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 13:29:16 +0300

> From: Scot Becker <address@hidden>
> Date: Wed, 19 May 2010 11:01:43 +0100
> Cc: address@hidden
>
> After a bzr pull, I confirm I can no longer crash Emacs while moving
> around that file.  Brain fart or not, it's a satisfying fix, not to
> mention a quick one.  Thanks.

Thanks for testing and for reporting the bug.

> Since I don't know how these things work:  Should I send a "seems to
> work after Wednesday's fix (revno 100365)" email to the appropriate
> bug number (which I see is still open ATM), or will you or others just
> close it out?

I will close the bug, no need for you to worry about that.

In general, the custom is that whoever solves the bug closes it, with
whatever details she thinks are appropriate for the closure report.
The only reason I didn't yet close that bug is that, for some reason,
it didn't yet show on the bug-gnu-emacs mailing list.  So I'm waiting
for it to appear there.

> Should I report the display message
>
> ** (emacs:22315): CRITICAL **: murrine_style_draw_box: assertion
> `height >= -1' failed
>
> as a separate bug?

Maybe, I don't know.  I think the message comes from GTK or something
else that is external to Emacs.  There's no function by that name
anywhere in Emacs.  Googling for the message, I see quite a lot of
similar reports, including for Gvim, so maybe it's not an Emacs
problem after all.