Re: [emacs-bidi] Automatically set bidi-display-reordering?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Automatically set bidi-display-reordering?
Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 15:25:39 +0300

> From: Scot Becker <address@hidden>
> Date: Tue, 18 May 2010 12:44:47 +0100
>
> Can someone help me come up with an easy way to change my buffers to
> bidi-reordered ones, either automatically (on detecting unicode
> reordering commands, or consecutive Hebrew characters within certain
> file types), or semi-automatically, using a per-file local variable
> setup.

Why not

   (setq-default bidi-display-reordering t)

in your ~/.emacs?  If this causes trouble, please report that as a
bug.

> I tried putting this at the end of my files without success.
>
>  /* Local Variables: */
>  /* bidi-display-reordering:t */
>  /* End:                     */

Don't put each line into a separate comment, then it will work:

/*
Local Variables:
bidi-display-reordering: t
End:
*/

> Additonally:
> I haven't even been able to figure out how to map a key to set a variable
>
> (global-set-key (kbd "<f2> b") '(setq 'bidi-display-reordering t))

 (global-set-key (kbd "<f2> b") (lambda () (setq bidi-display-reordering t)))