Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Bidirectional display in GUI sessions

From: Gregg Reynolds
Subject: Re: [emacs-bidi] Re: Bidirectional display in GUI sessions
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 15:06:13 -0500

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 12:42 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: address@hidden,  address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2010 12:19:00 -0400
>

> > I could only test this on MS-Windows; I have no easy access for
> > development on an X-based machine.
>
> Sad to hear.  Is there something we could do to fix this problem?

I'm not sure it would be practical.  I could install an X server for
Windows, but I don't think we can trust it to be a faithful imitation
of a native X server.  And I don't have enough resources for
maintaining yet another box at home.

I got it running on OS X and can try it there under X, but I have little time so I can't really do the research I would need to do to properly test stuff.  However, if somebody can put together a list of things to do to get me going I would be happy to pound on it editing Arabic text on a Mac - text mode, X, Aqua.  When I checked out and compiled the code a few weeks ago I couldn't find any bidi-related commands, or rather, didn't have time to figure out how to make it go.  If you can get me started I'll make some time for it, though.

-Gregg