edu-eu

Re: [edu-eu] RFC - FSFE activity "education"

From: Michael Kappes
Subject: Re: [edu-eu] RFC - FSFE activity "education"
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:36:12 +0200

hello thomas and fellows,

Thomas Jensch schrieb:
> move on

in berlin we have now the situation & papers for

1. an execution, title: "the difference between open and closed source".
this exec. must revised for edu software. this exec. was tested  by 2
events (linuxtag on FH Potsdam and a FFII execution at BeLUG)

whit this new exec. we bring forward arguments for OSS to teatchers. and
we invite the teachers to stay by a panel discussion

2. bassed on (1.) we can make a panel discussion whit teatchers,
governance (Berlner Senat Jugend und Sport), Peoples from "free and
democratic schooling" and others (e.g. in the newthinkingstore / berlin)
and as a second we make the "teacher advanced training" (or all, to be
interested in) mayby one fix day every month or quarter (mayby at the
same location)

contemporaneous

our work in progress is: a projekt day (2 x 6h) (bring it to the
school). whit an execution for kids:

(first day)
- entering the free and open source (code)
- what is closed, and what is open - source
- a little journey through the "distribution-jungle"
- howto: "install a distribution"
- howto: "support for a distribution"
- edu & GAMES in OSS

(second day)
- bring your private pc to school an install LINUX
- Net-wokshop: "we build a little LAN" whit the new install. linux pc

explanation report:

- i have, not just yet, contact to the scolelinux buddys. tomorrow is a
meeting.... (fsfe fellow meeting in berlin allso :( )

- i have contact to berlin gov. (Bezirksamt Jugend Sport) only one
district (pankow/weissensee). but, if we start in one district the
others will follow ;)

mayby we make wiki page under: ??
http://fsfe.org/projects/education/eduteam.de.html ?!

i wrote it "just in GER" - a translation must make a other person ;)
sorry

just my 50cent 4 move on ;)

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Yours sincerely
Michael Kappes

--
"If you think technology can solve your problems you don't understand
technology and you don't understand your problems." Bruce Schneier