dvdrtools-users

Re: [Dvdrtools-users] creating an iso from bz2 file 3.5 GB

From: Bernhard Rosenkraenzer
Subject: Re: [Dvdrtools-users] creating an iso from bz2 file 3.5 GB
Date: Mon, 23 May 2005 15:48:44 +0200

On Monday 23 May 2005 13:51, Vijay Kumar wrote:
> There is .bz2 file about 3.5 GB and I am trying to create and iso using the
> same.
> # mkisofs -allow-multidot -v -allow-lowercase -J -o /root/bin/sh/backup.iso
> /backup/backup-2005May23.tar.bz2

You can't put huge files on an ISO9660 image because ISO9660 stores the file
size as a signed 32bit integer --> max. size 2 GB.
You have to tell mkisofs to create an UDF image using the "-udf" switch.

You'll also want to make sure you're using a current version -- older versions
used a signed 32bit integer for UDF as well.

LLaP
bero