Re: [Duplicity-talk] problems running duplicity

From: Jelle de Jong
Subject: Re: [Duplicity-talk] problems running duplicity
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 10:03:50 +0100

Hi Edgar,

https://bugs.launchpad.net/duplicity/+bug/545823

> My guess is that they are in the local archive cache but not on the
>  server. You can try to let duplicity recreate the cache by
> deleting/renaming the folder containing it. line 92:
> /root/.cache/duplicity/b67122f70f96c534b7f1828f06408cb9 If my guess
> is right this should help for now.

Thank you for this workaround. Removing the directory and executing
the cleanup command made duplicity get the cache from the remote location.

I think the cache got broken because duplicity has run several times
without the remote location available to actually do the backup. Maybe
the local cache was updated but the remote location did not. However
the clean-up command always says the cache was in sync.

Thank you,

Kind regards,

Jelle de Jong