[Duplicity-talk] New feature: async download volumes

From: Denis Klimov
Subject: [Duplicity-talk] New feature: async download volumes
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2010 15:00:11 +0500

Hello!

I patched duplicity for add new feature: asynchronously download volumes in restore procedure. I add new FileobjIter class for it and use asyncscheduler from duplicity for implement it. New duplicity options for use it: --num-download-threads

It very improve download speed in some case. For example, with amazon s3 storage I have statistics:
1 download thread = 3 МB/s,
2 download threads = 6 MB/s,
7 download threads = 20,6 MB/s.

You can see patches for 0.6.08b at
http://bit.ly/bmCBnz
http://bit.ly/dghPkP

I'll be happy if upstream developers apply it.

P.S. Sorry for my badly english :)

--
Denis Klimov