dotgnu-pnet

Re: [Pnet-developers] what build scripts do you use?

From: Deryk Robosson
Subject: Re: [Pnet-developers] what build scripts do you use?
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2004 23:01:32 +0800

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 16:44 +0200, Peter "Firefly" Lund wrote:
> I guess most of you have a script for rebuilding(*) a complete CVS
> checkout.
>
> I also bet each of you is doing it slightly differently.
>
> Wouldn't it be interesting to see where the differences are and see if we
> can come up with a common script that works even better than our
> individual scripts?
>
> *) This includes running autogen.sh, configure, make, make install.

Nothing special about the way I do things..mostly manual for the most
part.  Usually something along the lines of:

cd $PNCLEAN
cvs -z3 update -d
cd ..
rm -rf $PNWORK && cp _R $PNCLEAN $PNWORK

Then I work on cvs copy or build from there, treecc, pnetC, pnetlib,
everything else.  Personally I don't usually rely on something as
trivial, however I don't see it as a problem to create a sh script or
perhaps an alias to do the work for you.

--
Deryk Robosson <address@hidden>