dotgnu-pnet

[Pnet-developers] Memory usage on an embedded system

From: Simon Posnjak
Subject: [Pnet-developers] Memory usage on an embedded system
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2004 13:12:13 +0200

Hi all,

First of all I would like to thank you for all of your answers and
advices. Now I am quite sure that I am building the pnet and pnetlib the
right way. The problem with segfaults that i am seeing is by my opinion
caused by my board going out of memory, because I am not using the libgc
for memory management.

So before I go and port the libgc (and libffi), i would like to know if
anybody can tell me what would memory requirements for Portable.Net be.
Our board has about 10 MB of RAM free - would that be enough for the
runtime and our application (a POS app).

                Regards Simon