Re: [DotGNU]Resend: A DotGNU-Contrib project

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Resend: A DotGNU-Contrib project
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 22:10:03 +0530

If memory serves me right, James Michael DuPont wrote:
> We should have it running over some XMLRPC interface
> on top of JABBER/SMTP/HTTP .

I was thinking of using a CVS + debian repository here
(sic) ....

The guys who need CVS will understand what "dependency" is
and the others can add to sources.list and apt-get ...
or even put the source debs for the lazy hackers ;-)

> If you update a module, it can be pulled for testing
> directly from you.

Which is impractical for guys who come online for '3' minutes
thrice a day ... (like me on a busy day ;-) ... The CVS + .debs
is a more practical (and waaaay easy) idea IMO.

> via a CPAN like interface.

In fact I have been thinking all along in the debian angle..
why write your own "dependency" analysis when you have good
old apt-get ?

Morover I don't want more code to maintain .... than I absolutely
need to . A nice .deb repository and a CVS repository will do
for me. (atleast now)

Once we do have a Global Assembly Cache maintained by Pnet, we can
consider a web bsed repository and a reference system like .......

[DllAssemblyMap(Name="dotgnu.xml",
                Version="0.3.4.0",
                Comment="DotGNU XML Library",
                URI="http://dotgnu.org/csharp-assemblies/dotgnu.xml.0.3.4.dll";,
                MD5="e123edb488db303fde7b3ad19134361d")]

> One of my stumbling blocks is the jabber, the anon cvs
> is broken

Don't think so... only some guy who doesn't release lock
on something , skip that project or do a co jabberd ...

Gopal