Re: [DotGNU]Webservice Goals

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Webservice Goals
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 21:27:33 +0530

If memory serves me right, Peter Minten wrote:

> - DotGNU Developer
>
> An IDE would be nice. DotGNU Developer could be an IDE with the ability
> to visually design interfaces and the stuff you would expect in the
> fancy commercial IDE's.

Eventhough I'm not warm enough on the other ideas, this certainly catches
me here (*thump*) ... In the past week I have been trying to compile
various programs/libraries using various tools starting from "gcc -shared"
to "libtool" and going on to "csant" .... IMO, an IDE is just the basis
of development.

My IDE is currently called "vim" and does what is called the "wq" operation.
Also included in the package is "!make" "!make clean" and "!make test" ...
(sic) !

> Developer would also use Ruby as extension language and would of
> course be highly customizable.

My python efforts have hit a solid wall in pnet .. the lack of a nice
stack or a real flow of execution (for my wrapper) has been a damper in
terms of scripting.

Ruby seems more promising , from what I could see . But the syntax and
semantics of that language freaks me out . (maybe because I don't
understand it). Well let's see how it turns out.

> - DotGNU Games
>
> Some amusements are always nice so it would be logical to at least think
> of building some games.

Maybe we already have a couple , remember the nice little 8-Puzzle in that
old pnetcgi program of mine ... and... and "Curse of the Frogger" by
Rhys (ncurses) .