How portable is it ? (was: [DotGNU]Embedding Portable.NET)

From: Gopal V
Subject: How portable is it ? (was: [DotGNU]Embedding Portable.NET)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 17:16:26 +0530

If memory serves me right, Rhys Weatherley wrote:
> Note: it is still early days.  I've managed to strip down
> the size of the code quite considerably, but it still uses
> a lot of data memory.  My hope is that we can get a useful
> engine running in 1 Mb of RAM (not quite there yet).

All this brings up another question .... how portable is Portable.Net ?

I know it works on GNU/Linux , GNU Hurd , Cygwin and GNU Darwin (Mac OS X)
and partially in HPUX .

But what about the *BSD , Solaris , and other *ix's ?

Also non *ixes like Mac OS (9/8) ... and Win32 (native mingw)

Also are there issues involved in moving this system to a 64 bit platform
(like IA64 ?) for pointer operations ?

Gopal