Re: [DotGNU]extension APIs (was Re: [Website]Preparing for dotgnu meet-

From: Rhys Weatherley
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]extension APIs (was Re: [Website]Preparing for dotgnu meet-a-thon)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:53:51 +1000

S11001001 wrote:

> Sorry, Gopal, I have qualms with libxml# :( though it's a nice holdover
> until System.Xml is done.

Both have their place.  System.Xml is OK for run
of the mill XML work, but not heavy-duty work.
I don't think we should discourage either effort.

We do need to be careful not to introduce too many
dependencies into the "basic kit", but that doesn't
mean we should stop developing things that augment
the basics.

Cheers,

Rhys.