Re: free "software" & geeky nitpicking (was Re: [DotGNU]paying for free

From: James Michael DuPont
Subject: Re: free "software" & geeky nitpicking (was Re: [DotGNU]paying for free software (was Re: `freeing' proprietary software))
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:45:32 -0700 (PDT)

If we could resolve this issue, I would stop bitching,
but this is not the right list to bitch on. We need to
talk here about the pnet project, the a very viable
part of dotgnu.

This is my last post about the introspector to the
DOTGNU list.

DotGNU is working on creating a compiler right now and
needs testing. They need help on all different types
of bits and bobs.

Rhys has been plugging away at the compiler and is
going a great job, I dont want to get on his nerves
any more with these licensing issues.

If you want to talk about this some more, please come
to the gnu.misc.discuss forum :
The topic is " A Modest Proposal for a GNU
infrastructure license"
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&threadm=8118d547.0206110638.7b7c4649%40posting.google.com&prev=/groups%3Fhl%3Den%26lr%3D%26newwindow%3D1%26safe%3Doff%26group%3Dgnu.misc.discuss

Regards
Mike
--- David Bradley <address@hidden> wrote:
> James Michael DuPont wrote:
>
> >The GPL is not strong enough to allow for the
> exchange
> >of data between the compiler and IDE without
> someone
> >exercizing thier "freedom" to create non-free
> tools.
> >

> That's something I'm still ignorant of, is all the
> issues concerning
> licensing and its impact on development. I've been
> watching the
> discussions here and starting to get a picture of
> the issues involved.

=====
James Michael DuPont