Re: free "software" & geeky nitpicking (was Re: [DotGNU]paying for free

From: David Bradley
Subject: Re: free "software" & geeky nitpicking (was Re: [DotGNU]paying for free software (was Re: `freeing' proprietary software))
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2002 11:16:13 -0400

James Michael DuPont wrote:

The GPL is not strong enough to allow for the exchange
of data between the compiler and IDE without someone
exercizing thier "freedom" to create non-free tools.
That's something I'm still ignorant of, is all the issues concerning licensing and its impact on development. I've been watching the discussions here and starting to get a picture of the issues involved.